The following article discusses data and MXD preparation guidelines for creating Runtime Content Snapshot Data.
Runtime Content is a consolidated format that packages feature layers, network datasets and locators from a map document into a single folder and prepares it for use by ArcGIS Runtime. File format is a SQLite Geodatabase.
Create Runtime Content Sequence
NOTE: Stage 2, MIMS Mobile Configuration, is not available in MIMS 2016, therefore assistance from Professional Services is required.
- Make sure you have satisfied the prerequisites.
- Make sure you have input the relevant ArcGIS Runtime license via MIMS Configuration. A Runtime Basic license is required for clients to use Snapshot RTC.
- Follow rules for MXD preparation.
- Ensure MXD passes Analyze for MPK AND RTC.
- Use MIMS Configuration tool to ‘drop’ MXD into Data Management RTC page.
- Select content type RTC (will create on Save when RTC does not exist).
- Use MIMS Configuration tool to configure the data source (enabled, timed maintenance)
- Native ArcGIS Runtime format.
- Loads and renders faster than MPK’s.
- No LocalServer requirement.
- Only Runtime Basic license required.
- Still many restrictions on ArcGIS Runtime data that we are used to with ArcGIS Engine:
- No Geometric Networks.
- No Annotation.
- No Relationships.
- Typically more difficult to successfully generate.